CAIR-Philadelphia’s Education and Outreach programs empower community members to fully embrace their civil liberties. Our workshops aim to educate the broader community about Islam and Muslims and seek to foster mutual trust and cooperation.
Our education programs focus on:
- Educational institutions across Pennsylvania and Delaware follow an equitable curriculum and can provide positive learning environments for Muslim students.
- Muslim communities can access educational workshops customized around Civil Rights, American Muslim History, youth development, mental well-being, and other key themes.
- Non-Muslim communities and institutions can access relevant information on Islam, Muslims and their concerns around inclusion and equity.
In the pages linked below, you will find information about our numerous programs, workshops, and lecture series delivered in hundreds of unique settings by our staff and board members.
- Know Your Rights Workshops
- In the Matter of Color: Racial Classifications and American Law
- Out of the Blue: Police Conduct
- Fake News: Mass Media
- American Jews and Political Power: Myth or Reality?
- Islam 101: Intro to Islam and Muslim Civilization
- Islam, Politics, and Violence
- What is Sharia?
- End of Life Care in Islamic Tradition
- Gender and Family in Islam
Youth and Parents
- American Muslims and Their History
- The Legacy of African-American Muslims
- Islamophobia and Anti-Semitism
- National Reports
- Articles and Research
- Counter and Discourage Islamophobic Behavior
- Voices of Hate
- Peace at Home Delaware (Jan 2018)
- Peace at Home (Oct 2017)
- The Path to Muslim Unity (Oct 2017)
- Muslim Women in Sacred Spaces (Feb 2016)