Muslim Youth Leadership Conference: Spring 2010
Community and Interfaith Relations
We would like to congratulate all the students who have successfully completed the Spring 2010 Muslim Youth Leadership Conference. We pray that the students learned new facts about the Muslim community and volunteer opportunities in interfaith, and we are confident that they will apply that knowledge in their daily life.
Please check our website by the end of June for information on our next conference. We hope to see all the students again, insha’Allah!
View MYLP Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cair-pa/sets/72157624280731916/
Spring 2010 Speakers:
- Imam Malik Mubashshir, Philadelphia Masjid
- Imam Anas Muhaimin, Quba Institute
- Mutaz Elemam, President, Masjid Al-Jamia
- Tariq Scherfen, Presenter, Bridging the Gap
- Monira Gamal-Eldin, President, Temple University Muslim Student Association (MSA)
- Mohammed Hussain, Penn Muslims for Change Chair at University of Pennsylvania
- Moein Khawaja, CAIR-PA Civil Rights Director
- Zuneera Masood, CAIR-PA Executive Committee Member
- Iftekhar Hussain, CAIR-PA Chair, Board of Directors
CAIR-PA has designed the Muslim Youth Leadership Program to prepare young Muslims to proactively address critical issues facing our community in the fields of civil rights, media and communications, community and interfaith relations and civic participation.
During the year, CAIR-PA offers four free 2-day conferences, each combining classroom instruction, practical application workshops, career exploration and community service opportunities in a specific field of advocacy. Each conference has an independent application and selection process enabling candidates to apply to one specific conference or multiple conferences according to their interest.