January 21 – Know Your Immigration Rights
January 29 – Know Your Civil Rights
February 11 – Know Your Rights in School – Anti-Bullying presentation for children and parents
On Oct 15, 2016 our chapter had a successful workshop on Countering Islamophobia presented by Corey Saylor of CAIR DC office, who heads the department of Islamophobia Research and he recently came out with a report “Confronting Fear,” in partnership with University of California, Berkeley, which explores the funding that go into the Islamophobia machinery that exists in America. In his presentation he outlined what the Muslim community needs to do counter that machinery, by being more proactive and being in the forefront doing more humanity work, and be a part of the fabric of this country. His 1 ½ hr presentation culminated in intense Q and A session. The event was attended by community members of all faiths. CAIR staff and Board members would like to thank the ICP board in helping us organize the event. Thank you Br. Corey Saylor for the beautiful presentation.
Read the full story HERE.
CAIR Pittsburgh held a workshop at MCCGP on Saturday morning to enable community members and organizations alike to be more engaged in presenting the correct message and image of Islam through the various local media sources. Ibraheem Hooper, CAIR National’s Communication Director, led the group in an informative and enlightening manner. The program consisted of a thorough presentation with Q&A, an on-your-feet response demo for hot / difficult topics, interest group discussions / face time with Brother Ibrahim, and drafting individual plans for media involvement. It was a fun and interactive morning.
Assallamu Alaikom Community Members,
- Saturday – October 3, 2015 from 9am-Dhuhr at MCCGP
- Specialist Trainer – CAIR National Communications Director – Mr. Ibrahim Hooper
- Open to all who wish to become a continuing part of Muslim Communications strength in Pittsburgh
- Breakfast and light refreshments served
- Tuesday – October 20, 2015 (All day)
- A visit to the Capitol Building in Harrisburg by a delegation of the leadership of the Pennsylvania Muslim community and its supporters
- The visit will consist of three events:
- A rally/press conference under the Capitol Rotunda
- Visits to State Senators and Representatives — or their staff — to express the concerns of the Muslim community to their elected officials
- A traditional Islamic prayer
- Contact us to find out how we are working with the MSA and non-Muslim organizations to schedule educational programs and other efforts.
The photos from our 8th Annual Banquet are hot off the press, and they really turned out great. Brother Rami Daud really worked hard to run around and catch the many memorable moments, and those of you who participated in the portrait aspects of the photography were clearly having a fun evening, while looking dapper in the process 😉
See the Photo collection here!