CAIR-Philadelphia is currently offering internship opportunities for undergraduate students. Internship positions will be located at our Center City Philadelphia office.
Graphic Design Internship
- Designing publications, brochures, posters, illustrations, logo, and exhibit designs for both web- based and print media.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Developing design skills
- Other office duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; and Quark;
- Familiarity on both Mac and PC systems
- Knowledge in information architecture; color and typology principles; corporate identity, package and advertising design
All internships are paid at $15/hour. Time commitment TBD. It will be the student’s responsibility to research their school’s requirements and ensure that appropriate forms are completed if they desire to receive academic credit.
To apply: send résumé, cover letter, design portfolio, and contact information to email@example.com with “Graphic Design Intern” in subject line.
After receiving caseworker training, Civil Rights Intern(s) will be responsible for intake data collection, case development, and research and communications with complainants under the supervision of the Staff Attorney. Civil Rights Interns will also assist the Staff Attorney in arranging and staffing “Know Your Rights” sessions at local mosques.
- Assist in conducting intake interviews with complainants;
- Assist in creating case files for valid complaints;
- Assist in researching pertinent civil rights laws, policies, and procedures;
- Assist in maintaining department resources and databases;
- Assist in drafting and mailing correspondence to complainants;
- Assist in creating educational civil rights presentations for various audiences;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Staff Attorney.
Qualifications — The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Interests in civil and/or human rights issues;
- Passion for the mission of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and a team player;
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
All internships are paid at $15/hour. Students must commit 10 hours a week. It will be the student’s responsibility to research their school’s requirements and ensure that appropriate forms are completed if they desire to receive academic credit.
To apply: email résumé, cover letter, a writing sample, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Legal Intern” in subject line.