If you’re in middle or high school, chances are at some point you had to break down the meaning of Islam to your friends or explain how Islam is against terrorism to your classmates. With media saturated with negative images of Muslims and Islam, CAIR-Philadelphia designed a program to provide you with the platform to discuss civil rights and community issues that arise in your daily life.
What Is the Muslim Youth Leadership Program (MYLP)?
The MYLP encourages youth (ages 12-16) to be proud of their Muslim identity and it promotes civic engagement and activism.
Workshops and conferences focus on:
- Building a positive American Muslim Identity
- Standing up against Bullying and Harassment
- Learning about Civil Rights
- Understanding and working with People of Other Faiths
- Getting involved in the Larger Community
Over 250 students participated in MYLP workshops and conferences so far!
What Are Participants Saying?
Upcoming MYLP Classes
February 9, 2014
- Islamic Society of Great Valley Forge (call 610-688-2209 for more information)
February 22, 2014
- Foundation for Islamic Education (call 610-520-9624 for more information)
February 23, 2014
- Islamic Society of Chester County (call 610-344-9488 for more information)
March 2, 2014
- Islamic Society of Greater Philadelphia (Al Furqan Masjid) (call 215 436-7229 for more information)
Request a Workshop
To request a MYLP workshop, please fill out the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.